There is something special about walking over a carpet of dry leaves and into the sunset. Autumn weddings take advantage of the summer look in the gardens without the rain – Probably the best of both worlds! The average rainfall drops from 7 days in April to 2 days in May. The temperatures range from 10 to 23 in April and from 6 to 20 in May. Sunset is between 17.40 and 17.35h. At Valverde, there are many changes in the gardens. Our winter seedlings are planted, some shrubs and trees start turning red, the roses and lavender are still flowering. This is one of the best times of the year to have a garden ceremony.
Advantages of a autumn wedding:
- milder temperatures during the day, not too cold yet in the evenings
- chances of rain decrease as you approach May
- beautiful photo opportunities with texture and rich autums colours
- public holidays around the end of April and the beginning of May to plan your wedding date (or your honeymoon!). Easter also falls into April sometimes
- make-up stays fresh for longer.
- men in suits don’t suffer too much…
- great time of the year to have a delicious soup as a starter